Kollmorgen - AKM2G Series - AC Synchronous Servo Motor
The latest generation of synchronous servo motors from Kollmorgen
feature design sizes with performance levels between 0,3 and 10 kW. With
continuous torque increases of up to 30% versus traditional servos,
Machine builders and OEMs can substantially increase machine throughput
and proficiency without increasing the mounting size of the motor. AKM2G
is also designed to support a wider array of standard options
including: feedback, brake, thermal sensor and seal options.
- Smaller Footprint - reduce machine space
- Increased Torque - higher performance
- Wider Speed Range - faster operation
- Greater Flexibility - more options to match needs
- Higher Efficiency - reduce energy consumption
- Thanks to newly designed Electromagnetics - AKM2G can provides up to 30% higher continuous torque compared to competitive motors of equivalent size.
- Higher torque in the similar package size increases machine performance (i.e. greater throughput, reduce payload)
- AKM2G’s wide range of sizes provide ability to optimize for either length or flange square, depending on which dimension is most critical.
- This optimization can lead to smaller footprint machine or space saving for other machine elements.
Features and Options
- Standard winding choices for 120VAC to 480 VAC operation with various speed/torque performance curves
- Several Feedback options to match application requirements and drive selection
- Kollmorgen SFD3
- Hiperface DSL
- ENDAT 2.2
- Customer-specified feedback devices available through Co-Engineering.
- Connector Options (as appropriate for feedback type and motor size)
- SpeedTec * (standard for single or dual cable designs)
- Y-Tec (dual connector with single insertion at motor for size 2 motors)
- System Cable Options for use with Kollmorgen AKD Servo Drives and the forthcoming AKD2G Servo Drives
- Single Cable SFD3/Hiperface DSL/ENDAT 2.2
- Two-Cable Variant For Resolver including ytec connector motors
- Standard IP65 rating, optional ratings available
- International Standard Mount with choice of smooth shaft or closed keyway
- Others future availability/by request
- 24VDC Mechanical Holding Brake Option
- Thermal Sensor Options for maximum motor protection and servo drive compatibility
- Low Friction Shaft Seal Options for both wet and dry running applications
* SpeedTec is a trademark of TE Connectivity LTD
AKM2G Selection Guide